POSITION: Creative Operations Assistant
REPORTING TO: Director of Operations
STATUS: Independent Contractor + 15-20 hours per week (potential to increase hours)
COMPENSATION: $25 – $35/hour
LOCATION: Remote; US-based (PST, MST, CST, or EST)
START DATE: 9/1/2023
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: CLOSED
APPLICATION PROCESS: Complete the online application, complete a virtual interview with the Director of Operations, complete a virtual Interview with the CCO
TO APPLY: This application is closed as of August 21, but visit our campaign Create for Change to get updates on upcoming opportunities.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT POSITION
Team DB seeks a tech-savvy Creative Operations Assistant to support the CCO and team with administrative and business development tasks, project coordination, and content creation.
The right candidate for this role has previous experience as a coordinator or assistant in a creative team or agency and can quickly learn a brand voice and create content around it.
This role is a fully remote 15-20hrs/week Independent Contractor position with a flexible schedule. We are looking for someone US-based who can be online and available to support the team between 9am PT – 6pm PT.
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR TEAM DB IF…
- You don’t miss details and quickly learn from your mistakes
- You have high standards for your work
- You don’t need hand-holding and take initiative
- You bring solutions to problems
- You want to be a part of an impactful, highly communicative team
- You always seek out new knowledge
TOOLS WE USE:
- FB, IG, Threads, LinkedIn, TikTok, X
- Google Workspace
- Canva/Adobe Creative Suite
- Doc Send
- Calendar management:
- Schedule internal and external meetings for the CCO
- Book travel for the CCO
- Inbox and Email management:
- Flag important emails for the CCO
- Independently draft emails and replies for the CCO
- Create labels and/or rules for inbox efficiency
- Create canned responses and/or frequently asked question email templates
- Expense management:
- Track and process expenses, receipts, payments, and reimbursements
- Draft and circulate agendas
- Set up and take meeting notes
- Document next steps, add them to Asana, and follow-up on their completion
- Creation of SOPs and best practices (optimized for different learning styles)
- Support Director of Operations with operational tasks related to invoicing and A/R, contractor onboarding/offboarding, client onboarding/offboarding, etc.
- Write company case studies utilizing templates
- Research topics for our bi-weekly newsletter, create the draft/outline, and publish the final version to website
- Draft blog posts for the website
- Draft LinkedIn (and other social media) content for our brands
- Strategically plan content pulling in company press/media mentions, trending topics, CCO’s recent podcast interviews, etc.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar
- Support content creation across our brands (Team DB, Dillon Bernard, Create for Change)
RFPs, Grants, and Business Development (15%)
- Research grant/RFP opportunities that match company criteria
- Research potential new clients/partners and update leads tracker
- Add potential opportunities to RFP/Grants tracker
- Draft and submit grant and RFP proposals using templates and supporting documents
- Draft outreach emails to new leads
- Organize leads in CRM
Project Coordination (10%)
- Keep visibility to progress/status of tasks for internal operations
- Add new tasks/subtasks and assign due dates
- Maintain client dashboards
- Update trackers and dashboards
- Create and maintain a tracker for press and media mentions
- You have previous experience as a Creative Assistant, Communications Assistant, or Operations Assistant (in the creative space).
- You have previously worked in the creative space (think: agencies, digital consultancies, social media/influencers, etc.) and are familiar with content, social media platforms, and working in a digital business environment.
- You have previous experience working remotely and independently and have your own laptop and a reliable internet connection.
- You have extensive experience with the tools we use.
- You’re an excellent writer and strategic thinker.
- You love content (from podcasts to YouTube channels to TikToks and Newsletters).
- You can communicate an idea well via different mediums (a slide deck, a proposal, a newsletter, social media graphics, a virtual meeting, or an email, etc.).
ABOUT TEAM DB:
Team DB is a purpose-driven strategic consulting firm and creative studio that provides digital strategy, content creation, community building, and engagement for values-aligned partners.
Team DB has collaborated with over 30 nonprofit clients across climate justice, education, and civic engagement. We are responsible for prompting over 1.5M+ call-to-actions, all powered by our team of digital natives who deeply understand the nuances of producing impactful content that unites and empowers communities. Everything we do is built from a Black, queer, and womanist lens.
We are impact strategists, visual storytellers, and brand activists who empower creative changemakers to drive meaningful impact. In an evolving world, we amplify voices at scale, bring bold ideas to life, and help brave dreamers build for a new future.
Team DB’s Values are:
- Impact: We challenge the status quo to build a more inclusive and equitable future. We think about what is possible and build a clear path forward.
- Empathy: We believe in people and their experiences. We use storytelling to heal, empower, connect, and build within our communities.
- Empower: We were founded to elevate the stories of those who have been systematically excluded. We believe in using our voice powerfully and unapologetically.
- Authenticity: We stand up for what we believe in. We take on projects that resonate with us. We leave the rest behind.
APPLICATION CLOSED AS OF 8/21/2023